Chinese Orange Sauce, simply because I had a few clementines that needed to be used up.
According to one website, traditional orange sauce is made with dried tangerine rind, so guess what I did today?
The one kitchen toy I don’t own is a dehydrator, but only because it was somehow lost by the movers during transit. So instead I used the oven’s bread proofing setting. Where there’s a will there’s a way. LOL
The sauce smells delish and Handsome Husband is eager to try it, so I’ll do something with it for tomorrow’s dinner. Suggestions?
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup OJ
- 3 clementines, peeled
- 1 tbsp dried clementine peel or orange zest
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch/powder/flour
- Pinch of Red Chile Flakes — optional
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT TANGERINE PEEL & CHILI FLAKES to blender and process until smooth
- Pour into sauce pan, add remaining ingredients and simmer until sauce thickens
- Store cooled sauce in tightly covered container (I use mason jars) in the fridge